I am just recovering from a weekend frenzy of meeting clients and writing offers on homes. It is a unspeakable, frantic detached market out in East Van and New West. Along with my partner, we wrote and presented 4 offers all in competition and lost on all. Buyers never win in a multiple offer situation so why is everyone vying for the same properties?! It is a nerve-racking situation for buyers and as their agent, we feel every bit of it so phew it's been a tiring weekend. But do not lose hope buyers, I truly believe that the right one does come along in due time and it takes perseverance and a bit of going with your gut (and two hardworking great Realtors!) to get you there. But wowsters, is the detached housing market in a frenzy...I can also testify that from what I have seen, these are not foreign buyers but perhaps it is the trickling effect into the outlying areas.
I am loving my new career! The work at times is grueling but there is never a dull moment and there is so much to learn. I just have to find more balance with my family and work life so I can truly enjoy my time with kids and then when I need a break, I go to work =)
I received a very nice email this morning from a client who is completing today on their first home and it does demonstrate to me how important our role is and that there is so much joy in helping someone buy their first home.
Morning Rachel,
I just wanted to send you an email thanking you so much for all your help! It was so stressful at times, but you and Louise really helped us find our dream condo! I know that in the future when we're looking for a house, we will definitely give you a call. I'm really going to miss our house tours.
Once the place is all painted and our furniture has arrived, I'd love to invite you and Louise over for tea.
I really can't begin to express how wonderful you have been in this extremely stressful time!
Congrats Cowans on your new home!
No comments:
Post a Comment