Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Family skating fun

Sofia has been talking about going skating around Christmas so we finally took her to a parent n tot skate one afternoon. Boy were we surprised and proud of how well and comfortable she was wearing her skates and helmet and being on the ice! She quickly was able to balance on the skates off the ice and was curious enough to venture out with baba onto the ice. They had tons of little kids toys and chairs so Sofia sat in a little chair and enjoyed a nice ride. She then ventured into holding the old-fashioned bars for support and seemed eager to go without them at times. Having the toys around definitely helped.

Then we took the kids out today for another family skate day with the Loks and it was fun! I got to take Nolan out on the ice with the stroller and Sofia got to try skating a second time. A few times she just let her legs go wobbly. We kept saying 'get up, stand up' but she wouldn't, so I let her wobbly legs take her down onto the ice (gently of course). She reacted quite well lying on the ice and thought it was pretty funny. Then she slowly grabbed onto the bars and pulled herself up to a standing position. I was pretty impressed. We skated together using the bars and i could swear she was pulling me along. It was very fun and I'm scared to admit but soon enough, she'll be asking me why I still need to hold onto the bars =P


Looking forward to more family skate time before summer is upon us =)

1 comment:

Mommypie said...

That's so great Sofia is so comfortable on the ice! She needs to convince my girls that it's fun, and not scary at all. Way to go Sofia!