Alex Chin
Our third bundle of joy arrived on Monday, July 16, 2012 at 2:10pm, weighing 7lbs, 7oz. I woke up that morning feeling not right and sure enough, mild back contractions began. Not wanting to give birth anywhere else but the hospital, we made our way to St. Paul's around 9am. After a quick checkup, I was 5 cm dilated so we were here to stay. I had such quick births with the first two and actually labored at home longer before going to the hospital so my experience this time around felt like I was in labor for a longer time when it wasn't that bad. The progression was good but I was waiting for the active labor to come sooner but the body gradually prepared itself and i'm glad it did. By 1pm, I was in full active labor and it was a good reminder, I don't ever want to do this again =P Our little joy was good to mommy and the labor was a slow progression so I am recovering quite well, compared to the previous two kids. Like what I expected, Sofia has taken on the big sister role very nicely. She is very interested in being a part of helping out but has given me space when needed. Nolan was so oblivious at the hospital to who this new baby was but once we got home, he's been very sweet to Alex and just being his typical almost 2 year old self.
Our House
We submitted our plans for the new house in March and finally in July, the City of Burnaby granted us the building permits to begin construction. There were many obstacles along the process which was frustrating and stressful as we had hoped to begin building our place in the spring. Very typical in the construction business but as a mom of 3 living in a temporary location, my life in boxes was wearing me thin. Demolition took place last week and we have excavated the site to prep for the foundation. We were very happy to hear that there was no oil tank on site which would have delayed our building process some more. From now on, it should proceed as expected with no surprises.
No comments:
Post a Comment