Friday, March 18, 2011

Toddler Chit Chatting

There's been lots of it these days. She is bursting with excitement in trying to express herself and using sentences, mainly the nouns and verbs to get her point. Oh what a sweet image of her, pausing sometimes as if there are a million thoughts inside her that she wants to share with me but with a limited vocabulary to formulate her thoughts with. I know i'm supposed to be the mommy translator but sometimes, I get the big fat question mark over top of my head with her toddler chinglish. I have so much fun telling her about our upcoming activities and especially love the bedtime reminiscing of the fun day we had. I hear her singing in her room during nap and bedtimes her own versions of certain songs. TTs have lessened for the most part but we still have issues with 'going home' - Her response, 'no home!'

Fav song that both kids enjoy together:
-Sleeping Bunnies (Sofia will ask me to sing it again and again)

Other Developments:

I took the kids to a toddler story time session at the library and boy was I proud of how captivated and responsive Sofia was during the stories and singing time. She didn't sing out loud but did the actions for the songs she was familiar with and was able to follow the facilitator's actions for others.

Pretend play - She is finally playing on her own! She enjoys putting all the little people onto the train, the animals in the zoo and checking Nolan's heart beat! She makes us act out the actions from some books, points to the characters which one is 'mui mui' and who is 'baby nolan'. I thought it was amusing that she pointed out in the book that the little boy jumping in the sand wasn't wearing any shoes (typical Asian family who would never be caught barefooted on the street!)

Happy 7th month to dear Nolan...his update to come =)

No comments: