With the 2010 Olympics excitement in the city, I realized today that Sofia is 16 months old! Haven't really noticed any major milestones since she started walking but can say I am truly enjoying this stage of toddlerhood. They are so fun! I have never laughed so hard and so much with our little silly 'ham'.
Mobility: Amazing that in two months, she has progressed from just learning to walk to being able to pullup to a standing position, whirl and dance in a circle. It was cute watching figure skating with her and seeing her lift her hands up and twirl in a circle to copy the skaters on tv!
Speech: She can whisper. New words: happe (happy), ohma (open), more, sss with a smile and nod (yes), nononono, chur chur (bird)
Mimicking and following commands: wiping rubber duckie's face with a towel, feeding water to her stuffed toys and throwing her wrappers in the garbage can =)
I think she is really developing a personality that reminds me of ME! She would stare at nearby patrons in a restaurant distracting them and I have to apologize for her constant staring even though the usual response is a smile. She loves to play and enjoys a thrill. However, what comes of this lively personality is the other side of the coin which is a gal who is stubborn, inpatient and knows what she wants. So being able to communicate with her has been the challenge of late cuz when we don't know what she wants, it usually leads to tantrums.
I remember when she was a tiny little baby and tonight when she had a nightmare, I held her and her legs passed by body yet she still needed mommy and all I wanted to do was cuddle her like she was a newborn again. That is love in its purest form and I am so blessed to have it.
Happy 16th month sweetie! And Go Canada Go!
1 comment:
What a blessed girl to have you as her mom! How they grow up so fast:)
Post a Comment