Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Have you heard the news?!

The Chins are expecting a 4th addition to the family at the end of August. When we found out in January sometime, my excitement and happiness was masked by a sense of dread and denial. We had always discussed the kids being close in age but the timing was a little too early. I just started working on a maternity leave coverage and now will have to take leave to have my own baby. Who has ever heard of that?? What's worse is I am really happy with this position and the organization so couldn't have felt worse knowing what I would have to tell them. I know I didn't do it on purpose and it's a part of life but I felt bad; I couldn't help that. I dreaded the time when I would have to sit down and tell my boss but I also knew it was then that I could finally welcome this little one in my life wholeheartedly. Well, it happened today and I am relieved. There are still many unknowns but I trust that things will work out for everyone in the most positive way. With working f/t and caring for a toddler at the same time, I haven't thought of the little one inside much. Weeks have flown by and I'm already in my 2nd trimester. There are times when I look at photos of other NBs and think that soon enough, I will have another little tiny being to love and cherish.

It's been so busy for us. We are selling our Yaletown condo in the spring and just finished with a few renos to have it in spiffy shape. I am having a hard time letting go. It was a great little place; we love the location and it has been a great investment for us. But it is time to let go...

2 comments:

The Blommesteins said...

Congratulations!!! The weeks do seem to go by much faster the second time around. Enjoy the ride.

Anonymous said...

Glad that everything went well with telling work. What a blessing for you that welcome a new lovely life into this world. May motherhood continue to be a gift in your life.