For a few weeks now, we've noticed Sofia has been so much more comfortable being at Grandma's place by herself. No more crying if I wasn't around and Grandma had no problem putting her down for naps. We had a wedding to attend this past Sunday so thought it would be a good opportunity to have her stay overnight at Grandma's. Then we could enjoy a nice evening out and come home to bed without worrying about a child (aka sleep like non-parents do!)
There were no calls from Rob's parents (always a good sign) so we went home and went to bed. Did we get the precious sleep we wanted? Ahh..well...no...
I woke up in the morning, looked over and Rob wasn't in bed anymore. I thought, "wow...I had slept past 8am and he's already gone to work!" But that wasn't the case because when I looked over to see what time it was, it was only 5:30am! I found Rob downstairs on the computer and found out that he had trouble sleeping (wired from all the desserts at the wedding). We both went back to bed and in no time, I heard snoring next to me. Unfortunately, I was still awake. It always takes me longer to fall back asleep. I usually have no trouble getting to sleep but to fall back asleep is much more difficult.
It was very odd to not have the baby around in the morning. It felt like something was missing, not right. It turns out Sofia was an angel at Grandma's. She went to bed at 10pm and woke up around 6:30am. The only trouble she gave Grandma was she refused the bottle at night but in the morning, the little monkey was hungry enough that she drank all the milk. Phew! We are definitely glad that it all worked out.
So when's the vacation without baby going to happen? =)
No comments:
Post a Comment