Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sofie-mobile

At 7.5 months, Sofia is no longer a baby-at-bay. She is one squirmy wormy with strong neck, back and leg muscles that allow her to do head tilts, back arches and leg kicks. She can maneuver from a sitting position onto her tummy; roll from front to back, back to front; scoot backwards on her tummy. I can find her 1-2 ft away from where I left her which isn't too bad. I really need to think about cleaning up the clutter and baby proofing the house!

Other recent developments:
-along with the increase in mobility, Sofia now hates having her diaper changed and clothes put on/off. I try to distract her with toys but all she wants to do is roll onto her front and if I resist it, she'll throw a fit.
-trouble with raspberries. I know it's cute to see a baby blow raspberries but not so when they associate it with wanting something or tantrums as well as when they are excited. Now the raspberries come with lots of drool and spit so we have had our share of spit on the face. Mealtime means trouble. She would blow raspberries if we weren't feeding her quick enough or she didn't like what she was eating or didn't want anymore. I thought about introducing some sort of negative association (flicking her cheek) so that she would know to stop but I just don't think she's old enough to understand that or is she? I've tried it but it only makes her do more of it because she's upset. I don't care that she does it but just don't want to be rude when we are out for dinner.
-Games: peek-a-boo. Throw a blanket over her head and she can pull it off. Hide her toys under the blanket and she'll try to look for it. Likes to play pat-a-cake. knows to make "aowaowaow" sounds when I use my hand to tap her mouth.
-Sofia loves to eat. She has no issues with texture and lumpy foods at all. She has successfully eaten little bit-sized cooked pieces of carrots, apples, yams, meat shreds. She can't pick anything up with her fingers just yet. Recently, she's tried blueberries, egg yolk, pork, chicken, zucchini/broccoli (not a huge fan) and barley.

My fav photos of the week:

No comments: