Friday, May 22, 2009

Splish Splash

Today was Sofia's first Starfish swim class at Eileen Dailly pool. I had no idea the first class would involve getting our babies to blow bubbles in the water and putting their whole head underwater! Well I guess there has to be a first time and no better to do it within close range of a swim instructor. A few coincidental bubbles came out but most of the time, water just went in and out of her mouth so nope, not able to blow bubbles quite yet. The instructor told us to blow on the bridge of their nose and then dip them under. I didn't think this worked cuz she would open her mouth wide just in time for the dunking plus her eyes were open. So the head underwater wasn't as fun and more traumatizing instead. She got to experience doing the starfish position on her front as well as back. And then the class was over. Now she's sleeping like a bear and I've had 2 hours to update my blog! hehe It's a great way for mum to buy some relax time =)

No comments: