Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Potty Talk

Rob and I are so proud of our little girl. I think we first put her on the potty when she was 3 months old and was this tiny little baby who couldn't even sit. Now just 4 months have passed and what great strides she's made. For a little over a month now, she's only had one poopy diaper and have been able to wait until the potty to do no.2. She's not really consistent of when she goes but as long as we put her on the potty every few hours, she can hold it. The one poopy diaper happened only because we were in a rush after a feed and didn't take her to the potty like we normally do so actually our fault and not hers.

We are so happy we don't have to deal with cleaning up poopy diapers especially since we are using cloth diapers, it is even better! I am surprised that she has learned to do this so quickly but I guess it was expected since our potty experience has been so positive the whole way though.

Not only have we eliminated poopy diapers but another big leap in pottying was overcome...going to potty while out. When we travelled, we would bring the little potty with us and she had no problems using it. However, we don't bring the potty with us everywhere we go so she would go in her diaper. Then one day, we were visitng my cousin and Rob pointed out that Sofia looked like she needed to do no. 2 and we didn't have a potty. So we tried putting her on the big toilet. I sat on the toilet and held her in front of me so she could go and she did! I'm glad that she didn't mind trying it a different than what she's used to and she wasn't scared of it. After that, we have put her on the big toilet several other times and she's gone so it's awesome.

This doesn't at all mean she's potty trained but at least she doesn't have to always sit in a wet diaper while we are out and we can now easily take her when we are out. I'm not quite sure I want to attempt this at public toilets (too dirty to sit on) but at least at friends/relatives' homes, we have an option without having to bring a potty around.

Want to know what potty songs I use?

1. Let's go to the potty (party)! let's go to the potty! let's go to the potty! cha cha cha

2. After she's finished peeing: Shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your booty, shake your booty (I shake her to get rid of any leftover pee on her bum)

hehe ok enough of the potty talk =)

1 comment:

Cindy York said...

Rachel, you're an inspiration! I've read the book, and I'm hoping I can make it happen the same way! :)