Friday, May 22, 2009

7 month update

Sofia is 7 months old on Monday so perfect time for a monthly update (plus I finally have some quiet time in the day to write!)

New developments:
-sitting on her own; I'm still paranoid that she will bang her head so try to keep pillows around her. Just this morning, I was in the kitchen when I heard a thump and then crying. I found her on the floor sprawled on her side. The one time I didn't have a pillow around =O
-she can row from back to her front on both sides (still prefers one way though) but unfortunately, still have not figured out how to go from her tummy to her back so she's stuck on her tummy. She doesn't seem to mind being on her tummy now and just lays her head on the floor when she's tired.
-she's getting more mobile! At first it was scuttling backwards while on her tummy, then she figured out how to rotate herself 365 degrees while on her tummy. She's developing some strong arm and tummy muscles so she can actually lift her tummy off the ground while doing a push up.














-She tries to lift her bum off the ground but hasn't quite coordinated herself to crawl yet but I think she will pick that up soon. Right now, she keeps doing the superman/beached whale position while on her tummy (almost looks like the locust pose in yoga)















-I have been trying to teach her to give kisses. So far, she's able to lean in for the kiss and her hand touches my face at the same time. It's so special to have your child give you a kiss. I could never tire of that! I'm also the only one she'll actually kiss so gotta love that =)
-This gal loves to eat. I've introduced carrot, peas, avocado, yams, sweet potato, apple, pear and banana and she eats it no matter what combination and texture. Of course, I think she prefers warm mush over cold but it just takes a bit more coaxing. My mother-in-law also introduced plain congee and even pieces of rice to her and she ate it. I'm going to try and introduce more protein this month so egg yolk and meat congee here we come...

Funny story: We left bits of rice on the table for her to try to pick up. When we looked, the rice disappeared. Wow, we thought. She is such a smart girl and can use her fingers to pick up the rice to put in her mouth. So we gave her more rice and watched more closely only to figure out that the rice was sticking to her hand so in her palm was all the rice!

No comments: