I hate Mondays. It's the first day of work. My team meetings are on Monday. I never sleep enough to recover for the first workday of the week and to top it off, I've had this irritating sinus headache for most of the day (and still have it even as I type). I think it is a part of the array of 'wonderful' symptoms of being pregnant. Geesh I don't feel pregnant at this point and just have a horrible energy-draining headache. I'm taking it super easy tonight, sitting in my poang with my legs up and in my lounge pants and new terry robe from Costco ($19 and super soft). It's not a typical long robe; the sleeves only go to my elbows and the robe only to my knees so I've been told this will be perfect to have while delivering in the hospital =)
I was just reading up on various blogs by friends who are celebrating their first Mother's Day this year. It's amazing seeing and reading as they wade through the joys and struggles with parenthood. I experienced my first night of sleepnessless because there are so many things to consider and do before our dear one is born. And so many decisions one must make!
One such decision we are pretty decided on is to have a Doula with us during the labour process. We have gotten some good referrals from friends who only have rave reviews about the wonderful birth experience. It's hard not to have high expectations from their stories but Rob and I both feel it will be comforting to have someone constant with us through it all. Now, it's just finding one we like.
I read a pretty funny (new parents may or may not be amused) blog posting from Sharon's Doula and you definitely have to read it: http://vancouverdoula.blogspot.com/2008/05/okayso-heres-excuse-to-buy-new-bedding.html
May tomorrow be a headache-free day.
1 comment:
hey rach...i've been having a lot of headaches, too. tylenol rapid release gelcaps work wonders! also, after i saw my chiropractor a few times i noticed that the headaches weren't as bad as before...i guess she managed to release tension from my neck. best of luck! (p.s., i've hired the same doula that sandra used)
Post a Comment