I look at the time and it's 12:42am. I really should be sleeping because in the morning I will suffer and be miserable but I haven't blogged for so long and I really feel inspired at this very moment. Well, I guess I'll suffer the consequences tomorrow.
Week 19: As I type this in bed, I notice my baby bump rising up and down as I type away. It has all gone by very fast. I have really enjoyed my pregnancy so far. I realize I shouldn't shout it out too loudly otherwise other miserable-mums-to-be will be throwing stuff my way telling me to stop gloating. I haven't felt strong motion inside yet but on the occassion, I do sense a 'flutter' or a slight poke that is definitely not gas but not strong enough for me to not think i'm dreaming it up. Next Thursday will finally be our chance to meet Baby Chin for our first U/S. We can't wait and it will be nice to see what's inside me.
Our doula search has been going well. I spoke with two doulas and both were available during my due date time. They both have varying qualities that make them good at what they do. We haven't met them yet so that will be the next step. I have been researching up on baby 'stuff'. Who knew there was so much baby 'stuff' out there? I'm glad that there are so many new moms in my circle of friends that I have learned lots from their experiences and advice so I'm not starting from scratch. One thing I have to keep in mind is that the baby will grow up very fast and wouldn't notice a $1K crib from a $100 one. It is interesting to go through the decision process of deciding what baby items are important and have to be new for our baby and what is a 'great to have' but will not be used lots so it could be an used item from craigslist. We have happily found and purchased a Storkcraft crib over craigslist and just today, Rob ordered a Peg Perego Pliko P3 stroller from a US online baby store. They were having this crazy sale and the stroller was $100 cheaper than what the Pegs sold for here. Hopefully the shipping process will be smooth and the product will arrive at my aunt's place in Bellingham in good condition. Then I will be a happy gal.
This week, I thought it would be nice to watch some movies we had. Since most moms claim there is never time to watch movies after they have kids, only cartoons and kid flicks. We watched The Bee Movie with Jerry Seinfeld as the voice for the main character. I really thought this was going to be a witty and fun animation to watch but was trully disappointed by the story line and how it was so cheezy. The beginning started out so well too.
Then tonight, I watched a chinese melodrama film called Cherries. It was a joint production by the Chinese and Japanese which explains the tragic and sad storyline. The movie based on a true story took place in a village in Yunnan. The landscape was beautiful; lush green mountains overlooking rice terraces covered with water was simply stunning. The narrator was an orphan girl who was raised in a poor family by a crippled father and mentally retarded mother. The mother's name was Cherry and she would pick cherries for her daughter and really just do anything for the daughter she loved as her own. I couldn't hold back the tears. The whole movie was sad from beginning to end but it showed that even in a family so poor and far from the norm of society, that love can prevail, especially the love a mother has for her children. They lived simply but loved richly. It made me think and gave me confidence that if a mentally retarded mother could provide so much love and care for her child, I definitely have the capability and capacity to do the same. Two words come to my mind: sacrifical love.
bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment