Thursday, August 11, 2011

Milestones

Nolan
My little baby is turning ONE! A year ago, I was finishing up my last week of work at home not knowing that soon after, little Nolan would come into our lives, giving mommy not much of a break. Our little guy took his few steps this week! There has been sightings of him standing for a few weeks but the 'stumble drunk falling towards you' steps started this week! It is so cute to see how excited he is with his new skills. I remember Sofia reached this milestone around 14 months so perhaps we'll have a walker in a month or so.
Nolan is one chatty boy who loves to interact with others including himself (during potty time in front of the mirror). We have wonderful conversations and make funny faces with each other. He loves to wave with both hands, blow kisses, dance and clap hands. Favorite things to do: 1. follow jiejie around and touch/drool all the big kid toys 2. play in the water (he is always headed to the bathroom) 3. giggle non stop and play games. He is the first child to figure out how to turn on the tv so now Sofia does it hehe

Sofia

In preparation for preschool in the Fall, I enrolled her in the 'Free at Three' program in Coquitlam. I wondered how she would do in a new environment since she's been left alone only during Sunday School. After our second week, I can proudly report that she is READY for school.
Our gal loves to sing and it's amazing how she can follow along with the song. She can sing the first bits of two songs from Toy Story: You got a friend in me and strange things. It is sweet to hear her voice and she hits the right notes too.

Happy summer everyone!

No comments: