Saturday, April 30, 2011

mui mui update

I've been a mom for 2.5 years...wow wee!

I want to recount all the new changes with my little girl, where shall I begin?

Talking: love all her expressions and favorite phrases. She is stringing together longer sentences now but she saids it so fast and it's slurred together, that even mom is left perplexed at times. She has realized that if she wants something, all she needs to do is ask it MANY, MANY times. She is also so tricky and asks dad to turn on a video instead of mom. Nowadays, I hear, "baby Nolan crawling" as she watches in horror that her little brother is headed for her stuff. haha I love asking about her day and hearing her try to recount (with some assistance) all the fun things she did.

Her fav phrases these days: 'What's that mommy?' 'There it is'

Independence: With her starting preschool in Sept., I wondered how she would adjust. During Sunday service, we have been dropping her off at sunday school to help with this transition and it has been awesome. The first time, I was so nervous. She cried when Rob dropped her off (this was strategic that it wouldn't be me) but when we picked her up afterwards, I saw that she wasn't crying. Her teacher said that she is doing better and this past Sunday, while I was in line to get her, I saw that she was sitting with another teacher and trying to say something to her (I don't think she was listening though) but it is so good to see our little girl be a big girl! It helps that there is lots of toys to play with and snacks afterwards =)

Focus: I thought she was ADD, the way she would lose interest 2 mins into something but this has changed a lot. She is enjoying more activities that require a level of focus such as stringing beads together, playing with her mega bloks and completing 15 pc puzzle sets. She really enjoys it and can spent whatever time is needed to finish it.

Pottying: I guess you can say we have began potty training. It actually happened naturally. We aren't completely there yet but good progress so far. The problem with Sofia is she doesn't tell us when she needs to go. Poops end up in the potty 90% of the time. She is beginning to tell us more often but by the time we hear it, she's already peed or some of it has come out. It started when she didn't want to wear a diaper and just go commando. I would have to ask her if she needed to go (answer was no most of the time) but she can hold the pee, I just have to try to persuade her to go before it's too late. We've had many accidents but today, we had only two so not too bad. I've tried naptime without one but she was totally soaked when she woke =p I don't think she's ready for pottying during sleeptimes even though she insists on not wearing one. I'm not quite ready to deal with soaked bed sheets yet so maybe we'll wait until summer to potty train during sleep times.

Skills: She loves to twirl around like a ballerina, jump, go up and down stairs by herself, put on her pants and boots all by herself =)


No comments: