Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mother of All Trades

When I became a mother, I wasn't just the provider of meals, and lots of love and cuddles. I am also the entertainer, the teacher, the manicure/pedicurist...

And tonight I was the doctor who sewed up little Johnny (Sofia's teddy), who had a big cut (aka hole) between the eye and nose. Sofia seem to be picking at the hole and getting a hold of the stuffing so the doctor had a quick surgery to close it up before our little girl noticed her friend was missing. We are happy to say the surgery was a success and Sofia and Johnny are happily sleeping tonight =)

Who knew us moms could be such a talented bunch? I never figured I would be proficient at so many things. Perhaps it comes with the maternal instinct to nurture and care for our little ones...

Happy Monday to all the mommies!

No comments: