Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Life with two...

is DEFINITELY harder. Is it double the amount of work? Sometimes. With both kids at the ages they are at, there are new stages to deal with and old ones to rediscover. What I have had to accept is that it will not get easier. I have witnessed my own 'me' time dwindle away along with my sleep time. This I do hope I can gain back once baby N is older. My precious reflective time via blogging have been few and far between. I struggle with maintaining my old routines with housework with balancing the work of caring for two kids. I can still do what I did in the past with one but my window of rest time is so small. I thought about scrapping things like folding laundry or using cloth diapers to increase time but I'm stubborn and want to keep up with what I did in the past. This will bring me to insanity very soon (perhaps I am already there...). I really do believe that things will get better but i'm still entrenched in the tough adjustment stage. Nolan is only two months and it feels like a year all mushed together =)

Of course, in between all the housework and caring for one child to the next, you get the moments of pure joy with your newborn son when he coos and smiles and when you stroll hand in hand with your daughter down the street. It does make it all worth it. I do hope for more regular 'me' time. I just don't know how parents manage it all. No wonder parents are moved to tears when they see their child walk down the aisle.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Hang in there Rachel, we're just finding our new 'normal'. Once we do... lets try and work on a 'moms night out'! :)