Friday, August 06, 2010

Week 38 Scare

What a day the Chins have had...

Today marked week 38. Baby is full term. I had one more day at the office before finishing off next week working from home. There was still lots to do before bubba arrived.

As I got ready for work, I felt achy and unwell but thought it was just a digestive issue. Then came the lower right back ache that didn't go away. I was in so much pain. Could this be it? Was it that painful? I couldn't quick remember but was moaning with pain and could not find any relief in sight. The hospital bag was not packed yet!! The car ride to the hospital was excruciating and long. If they were contractions, shouldn't it go away? I finally found some reprieve in emergency after vomiting. It was more than a hour of constant aching pain on my right backside. Since I was full term, they admitted me to maternity. I was strapped to a monitor and it detected contractions during the next round of aching pain. OMG is it really it? It sure was way more painful than I remembered it...gotta ask for drugs. The nurse checked and my cervix was closed. hmmm...than what is going on???

We went through a long time of tests and another u/s to rule out kidney stones, urinary tract infections and appendicitis. In the end, all negative. I was relieved yet tired and frustrated that there was no answer so we were discharged for home. I did feel lots better by late afternoon. The hospital called to say that they did more tests and I have an urinary tract infection so now i'm on antibiotics for a week.

What a crazy time to get sick? I do feel better tonight after lots of fluids and peeing. Hope to recover from this so I can prepare for baby's arrival. Well, at least we've done a trial run to the hospital =)

2 comments:

Sandee said...

yuck. i've had uti before, it sucks. hope you aren't feeling too badly despite also being 38 weeks. rest up and keep us posted on bb chin!

tres said...

yikes! i've been down that path before...just a few days before ang's stagette actually...thank goodness for antibiotics!

let us know if you need anything...we're right down the hill, so don't hesitate to call :-)

take care of yourself, and can't we wait to hear about baby #2!