Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Room for two

Last evening, Sofia stayed over at grandma's house so we could rearrange her room and put together her new bed in preparation that one day both our kids would share a room together. I will never forget the big smile on her face when she walked in her room tonight. We are still waiting for the mattress to come so took her existing one and placed it on the daybed. She was quite excited to climb on the bed but hmmm...I don't think she's ready for the newfound freedom that comes with sleeping on this bed (I'm not ready to deal with it quite yet)

During this short time frame on her new bed, she was able to:
-turn on and off the floor lamp next to the bed. I had visions of no sleep except her playing with the light
-started peeling the wall stickers from her bed (gotta move them higher!)
-from her bed, she was able to reach the baby creams and other stuff I don't want her to touch


At least now I know what needs to moved away from her reach. Watching her turn on and off the lamp was like watching a child in a candy store...hehe Anyways for now, it will be a nice place for us to cuddle and read and we may even try naptimes there but no bed transition quite yet.

No comments: