Sofia is all about bears these days. She points out in books all the bears and tonight I gave her very own teddy bear to hold to sleep. She was so happy holding little 'johnie' in bed =) When we tell her we are going out, the first thing she says is 'bear bear'. There's a story behind this bear frenzy...
One sunny day, I decided to go for a little walking trip with Sofia around our neighbourhood. Since she's pretty sturdy on her feet now and for the most part quite good with holding our hands, I thought we would walk to our local corner store that is 1.5 blocks away from home. It's a perfect opportunity to see the flowers bloom, watch the cars/birds whiz by and a visit to see Mr. Klondike Bear! These life-size inflatable bears can be seen at some of the local mom 'n pop stores around the city and what a perfect friend to visit for Sofia. At first she stared at it and waved hi and bye, now Rob has taught her to give him 'hi-fives' as well! So she is constantly asking to see the bear. Sometimes we do a drive-by so she can see him from the car =)
I will have to take a photo of our local Klondike Bear but here's a blog post about these cute bears around the city. Next time you see one of these bears, make sure to introduce them to your kiddies cuz I'm sure they will fall in love with them like Sofia has.
1 comment:
I haven't seen the bear yet, sounds cute though.
Post a Comment