Sunday, February 14, 2010

foogo alert!

So just today, I remembered something I meant to blog about from our trip. Remember our horrible first day in Honolulu? broken stroller, my watch stopped working and cranky baby etc. Well I have another thing to add to it which wasn't too bad but made that day one of the weirdest that I've ever experienced.

It had to do with the Foogo thermos. No one had ever mentioned this to us before...so I wonder if this has happened to others before?!?

We carried milk in the Foogo on the plane for Sofia to drink. At one point, Rob went to get the milk out and Sofia was sitting on my lap waiting patiently. Then he went and opened the lid, then all of a sudden a bunch of milk spat out and sprayed Sofia in the face. It happened so quickly and surprised all of us esp poor Sofia. The look on her face was of horror that her very own drink cup would do such a thing. She wasn't happy and we were so shocked and found the whole situation pretty funny. I wasn't thrilled that the milk was all over Sofia and the seat but you have to admit, it was funny.

This was before we found out our stroller was broken...=I

2 comments:

Sandee said...

It probably has to do with air pressure. I have found if you leave the lid open when you screw the top shut, it doesn't spit as much. What happened was when you entered the pressurized cabin is the pressure wasn't the same as what it was when you filled the thermos so that's why it spat when you depressurized it by opening the container.

rae said...

good tip! thanks =)