Sofia is 5.5 months today. This week came with many new developments so we have been busy trying to catch all the footage.
First, earlier in the week, I actually caught on video our little girl say her first word! Well, I'm not sure if you count this as a first word because I don't think she knows how to use it yet but she said, "dada"! In fact, the next day, she was getting a bit fussy and out came dada dada dada so right now, that word is synonymous with 'I'm upset' and not daddy. Of course, Rob is thrilled to be called dada. Mental note: extra emphasis on mama around her in the next while ;)
Then two nights ago, I stepped out of the house for a bit and when I returned, Rob proudly told me our daughter rolled over from her back to front with no assistance and he caught it on video! I couldn't believe it until I saw it in person yesterday. She has been on the cusp of rolling for a few weeks now. She was able to roll her lower body but just couldn't figure out how to swing her shoulders over but she has done it! During her rolling attempts, sometime she would end up in no-man's land and have her body in a vertical position, balancing on one shoulder, legs and head lifted up but it's stuck there because she hasn't picked up the momentum to roll onto her front. A very funny sight. The trouble is she doesn't know how to roll from her front to her back. So if I leave her on her back, she would practice her new skill and be stuck on her tummy until she gets tired and cries for help. This doesn't give me much time to leave her unattended. I will post pics later.
I'm waiting for the day when her first tooth cut. She has been drooling, biting and not feeding well lately and I wonder if it is due to her teething. Nothing yet, we'll keep a lookout for it.
What a fun long weekend up ahead. We had friends over last night to play Settlers' of Catan (fun!) after Sofia went to bed and it has been awhile that we've had people over at our place. I hope with Summer looming, that there will be many more opportunities for get togethers and parties at our place. We're heading down to Seattle today for a short getaway and to experience traveling with Sofia which will include an overnight stay at the Westin in Bellevue. We're looking forward to it. Let's hope it goes as well as our trip to the Canucks game.
Happy Easter! What a beautiful Good Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment