Quick Update:
-Her growth seems to have tapered off with very little weight gain. The doctor didn't seem worried about it so I'll probably continue with letting her eat as much or as little as she pleases. I have noticed that she seems more interested in other things besides feeding nowadays. She just needs a quick drink and then dabbles while she amuses herself with touching things around her.
-I started her on rice cereal two weeks ago and she likes to eat. At first, she would have a weird look on her face and most of it dribbled out but now, she just opens her mouth nice and wide for the food. Since she was so receptive to the cereal, I decided to also introduce yam and avocado and so far so good. I'm just happy that the whole eating experience has been fun and pleasant for her so far because I have read that their early eating experience can have an impact on their eating habits later on.
-Along with starting solids, I thought it would be a good time to introduce drinking water from a sippy cup. She enjoys holding her own cup and chewing on it. I'm not sure how much water actually gets swallowed but it's all about the experience right?
-She's able to sit on her own (sometimes using her hands for balance) but not completely balanced yet so someone has to be watching her in case she tips over.
-Avging 10-11 hrs of sleep (~9pm-8am) with two naps. We love this but I wish took advantage and slept more instead of blogging urgh!
-I'm not completing convinced that she is now able to hold her poops in until she is at the potty but for the last two weeks, all poops in the potty yay!
Lastly, my thoughts go out to my cousin, Louie who was summoned to active duty in Iraq and just left this week. What courage he has to go to such a dangerous and harsh place. I can only imagine from having been to Tajikistan how many times worse the conditions and landscape would be in Iraq. My prayers of safety and protection to you and a sense of peace from worry for Sarah. Hope to hear from you soon through your blog.
Congrats to Ryan and Ang on the birth of their son, Tyler Tai Barrington-Foote. He totally looks like a little Ryan =)
Monday, April 27, 2009
late night post
It's almost 1am and I have just spent over a hour catching up on emails. Where has this week gone? Why does time have to fly in warping speed? My daughter is 6 months old! In a blink of an eye and she's transformed from a wrinkly little being to a vibrant and chatty little girl. I watch her take control of her arms and legs to touch and explore her surroundings. I see her communicating in so many more ways than with crying like when she was a newborn. She is such a joy to be around and she is growing up so fast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment