I was feeding Sofia in bed this morning and had an 'awww' moment when she took her hand and softly placed it over the top of my chest like she was holding a bottle. There was no scratching nor fist hitting this morning, just a relaxing feed between mother and child. This is what the books talk about how breastfeeding is an amazing bonding experience saved only for mother and child to enjoy. This moment is rare for us. It made me think, what are some other wonderful memories of Sofia these past 4.5 months?
'awww' moments:
-We spend a lot of time at the potty so it's a great time to bond with our little monkey. She loves sitting in front of the mirror and conversing with us and has even looked up a few times to see who's behind her. I love that we can encourage and praise her for peeing in her potty and she knows it too. Her face lights up with glee when we say, 'oh you pee pee in your potty!' and give her a kiss on the head.
-Toothless grin and squinty eyes together when she chuckles and smiles. When she does this, she looks exactly like her daddy when he was a baby =) I've also taken some cute pics of her when she's crying, with her mouth wide open and squinty eyes.
-Morning naps in our bed. After her feed, she drifts off to sleep on her side. It is such a wonderful time to be able to lie beside her, protecting and watching her sleep peacefully next to you.
-When I go into her room in the morning, I just love seeing her big smile from seeing her mommy (or daddy). Even in the dark, i can see the eyes and mouth smiling gleefully.
-I came home and heard Sofia crying. I walked into the living room and as soon as she saw me, her crying expression quickly changed to an excited wide-eyed, hands shaking, smiley girl. It's good to feel wanted. I'm her MOST important person in her life right now and I've got to enjoy it before mommy becomes #2 or #3...
-Now that she's more sturdy, I love grabbing her and hugging her tightly, swing her up and down and dance with her around the house. What a beautiful age she's in right now. Oh so huggable!!
There is just not enough time in a day to sit, reflect upon and blog about my thoughts. I'm sure that as she gets older and has less naps, that this reflection time will soon fade as well. Sigh...
No comments:
Post a Comment