Sofia is 4 months old! Wow where did this month go? The fourth month marks the beginning of the 'golden age' of babyhood - a period of several enchanted months when the baby is adorable to be around with in the day, sleeps in the night and has yet to achieve independent mobility (from What to Expect The First Year). It is kind of like the second trimester during pregnancy.
Routines are in place, the baby feeds less so I feel less like a milk machine, they learn new skills and make new discoveries each day which fascinate not only the baby but mummy too and the weather is warming up which means more walks and playdates with other moms. I can definitely get used to this! I've really enjoyed meeting up for playdates with moms and their babies. It is a great medium to share, vent, learn, and get support from those who understand.
The fourth month officially marks the reality that my hair is falling out! Yup, I remember the clumps of hair in the drain after a shower and seeing strands of hair everywhere and it is back in my life!! I even found it trapped in Sofia's neck rolls once hehe
Sofia got her four month shots today. There was lots of crying and screaming but I held it together and actually couldn't help but grin at how loud and dramatic her cry was. She seems ok and not too fussy after the shots so phew.
Four month update:
-14 lbs 12 oz
-Still sleeping pretty well at night avging 8-10 hrs with 3 naps in the daytime (our girl loves her sleep). She goes to sleep with little fuss at night if I put her down but still seems to give Rob trouble by crying for a good 5-10 mins. Naptime is a whole different story because there isn't much consistency, I find it hard to put her down in her crib for a nap and they only last for about a hour. She naps well in her car seat and naps well on our bed but not in her crib. I'll have to work on this
-We love using cloth diapers! She has no diaper rash and we just put some vasoline occassionally when there's slight redness. No need to use the medicated diaper cream which is good. Sofia loves potty time. It's such a nice time to bond with her and she's so chatty on her potty hehe. The potty training really is a complement to using cloth diapers because now I have less poopy cloth diapers so less stink to deal with. The challenge will be when she starts solids...yum...
New discoveries:
-Sofia has discovered her tongue. She is now using her tongue to make many different sounds like 'pa' or 'ba' and I've seen her curl her tongue. Today, she even started playing with her drool and making spitting sounds. Of course, her drool went all over her face.
-She can grab Sophie the Giraffe by the legs with both her hands. She grabs hair, necklaces, and bra straps (then lets go!).
-No intentional rolling for her yet but we have seen her roll from her tummy to her back a few times by accident
-last weekend was the first time we heard Sofia giggle. Mike was swinging her from side to side and Zina did something to get her to giggle. It was really cute and I think Marian caught it on video so i'll have to post that up when I get it.
No comments:
Post a Comment