(WARNING: Not for those who find discussions on poop disgusting and unnecessary)
For about 2.5 months now, we've been pretty successful in catching Sofia's poops in the potty. She was always pretty regular; about 2 poops after the first two feeds in the morning. I rarely had to deal with poop explosions or a poopy diaper and went out with the confidence that I wouldn't have to deal with any poopy diapers.
Then just recently, this all changed. It really caught me by surprise. I was really getting used to the routine and being able to catch her poops and now it's all taken a 180 turn. First, for 2 days, there was no signs of poops throughout the day. potty was empty. She had some tiny fart poops at night but not much else. Was she constipated? I wasn't sure what had caused this change. What I did know was I kept thinking and hoping that the next potty opportunity would yield some catching of poop, but nothing. The uncertainty throughout the day was not fun to endure. You never know when the poop would come. At the age she is at now, it is really hard to pick up on the 'need to go poop' signals. Then on the third day in the evening, just right before putting her in bed, the big one came. Of course, i did not expect it but luckily had a cloth diaper on to prevent another huge poop explosion up the back. The same thing happened the next night and again no success in catching it in the potty. i'm beginning to think that she actually likes pooping in her diaper! Now the poops are back to normal again and started coming in the morning again. However, I still can't read her signals and haven't caught a single big poop in the potty. Just today, I was 0/2 and she had huge poopy diapers and seem to be quite happy sitting in it! I heard, smelled and felt nothing but surprise! Once again, I am very happy that she was in a cloth diaper because the poop travelled all the way to the top of the waist part of the diaper cover. I don't even want to imagine where the poop would have gone if she was wearing a disposable.
Happy 5 months to my little monkey
1 comment:
oh god...wait till you're at 40,000 feet when the poo explosion comes, and doing the diaper change in the damn airplane bathroom. it took the 2 of us, 10 diaper wipes, and a complete wardrobe change :P
there must be some weird air pressure on their little bodies, cuz gabe did the same thing on the return flight home :P
Post a Comment