Sofia is enjoying week 12 of her baby life. She's now a decent 12 lbs and has really chubbed out in her cheeks and thighs. She is one active baby with strong arms and legs. Just today, she kicked the diaper off the change pad with her leg! In the past few weeks, she has swooned us with her smiles and coos. I love our little conversations back and forth. She is a very chatty little girl (like her mommy i guess). Along with practicing EC (potty training), we end up spending a lot of time on the change pad which is actually her favorite place to be. We hung a little mobile over top of the change table and she absolutely loves it. She can lie there and just smile and chat away with her arms moving and legs kicking. I think she really enjoys being diaperless too which is why she is especially happy when we change her. After a successful potty 'catch', it would give me an opportunity to have some diaper-free time and sing, "twinkle twinkle little star" to her while playing with her legs. It's a great bonding time for us and we really enjoy it!
Unfortunately, we have discovered recently that Sofia is refusing the bottle. She has taken the bottle since 3 weeks but after she was sleeping through the 3-4am feed, we neglected to use a bottle daily and now she has forgotten and despises the bottle. We have been trying different strategies and have offered the bottle to her daily but nope, she's not taking it. It isn't a complete dire situation but it does make me nervous that I will be confined as the 'FT milk provider' until she starts solids at 6 months. The one thing about motherhood is lost of freedom and this definitely makes me feel a bit trapped so I could never be away from her for longer than 3-4 hrs. Still, it isn't a very serious issue since she's healthy and developing well so far. I shouldn't worry and just be glad for that. Hopefully the situation will change and that this is just a phase she is going through.
1 comment:
I hear you can keep trying at it and she may 'suddenly' take it again. With Maddy, I got too lazy to pump and do all the bottle washing only to have her not want it. It does go by fast and soon she'll be eating some solids. Hang in there whatever you decide.
Post a Comment