"If you can't beat them, join them!" =)
After that awful night, we have seen some changes in Sofia. She is more alert more often, giving us tons of smiles and coos throughout the day. It's so wonderful to see her smile while she's awake since her routine consisted of sleep-cry-feed cycle for the first few weeks. Perhaps she was going through a growth spurt that night. Her neck is more sturdy now and she is able to hold her head up for periods of time but it means lots of jerky head movements like a bobblehead! I find it more difficult to hold her with one arm while I try to do other things with the other hand because her head is bobbling around from side to side.
Her smiles and coos are enough for me to want to give the world to her and how could I be mad at such a sweet little thing?
Today was my first experience at driving somewhere with Sofia on my own (farther than 5 mins to the community center). I had some trouble with the stroller but she was close to being an angel through it all so phew! We went to our first Christmas party hosted by Sharon, Trav and Nora. It was fun to see all the mums and babies (Sofia was the youngest). She slept through half of it and was drowsy for the rest of the time. Oh well, she will enjoy Christmas more the next time around.Forgot to mention that I've started trying out the sample cloth diapers we bought to see which ones we like. I've used them on her mainly in the daytime and so far, I like it! Now I need to determine which diapers to use and how much I'll have to get to enable me to put her in them throughout the day. I can't believe how cute cloth diapers are and how easy they are to use.
Christmas is near. I haven't really shopped for gifts. I don't expect that we will be crazy busy this Christmas but it will be indeed one memorable one to share with our firstborn baby.
I have posted some photos of Sofia on Picasa so go to Google Photos link on the right-hand side of this blog to check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment