Sunday, December 14, 2008

The best birthday present

Daddy Rob received a wonderful birthday gift today from Sofia. She gave us sleep! Yes for the first time in 7 weeks, she slept from 12:30am till 6am! I got some pretty good snooze in and after we fed her, I didn't know whether to go back to sleep or not because I was pretty awake while the birthday boy slept for few more hours =) I'm don't want to get used to the extra sleep just yet as I'm sure there will be many sleepless nights ahead of us but boy was last night enjoyable.

We took Sofia to Metrotown hoping to do some Christmas shopping as well as have our pictures taken with Santa. I'm expecting only mall madness around this time of the year but it wasn't that bad. Sofia was so good in the stroller and it's amazing how much she's grown in just 7 weeks. She was wide awake and being at the mall was such a new thing for her that she just kept staring at the bright lights around her and absorbing it all in. I am finally starting to enjoy my time with Sofia now: i'm more comfortable feeding; she's more alert and interacting with us and really developing and showing so much character at such a young age. What a perfect gift for Christmas this year =)

Tonight we are dropping Sofia with my parents for the first time so that Rob and I can go celebrate his birthday by enjoying a dinner at the Keg without gulping it all down in 5 mins.

Happy Birthday Rob!

Winter wonderland will be upon us again. Stay warm and safe!

No comments: