Monday, October 20, 2008

The war with PUPPPS

Due date is looming and I am definitely ready to meet little Chin (little sick of being asked if it's happened yet or not =P). Most women pray for the day they go into labor to get rid of the pregnancy annoyances such as late night bathroom breaks, waddling, insomnia etc. For me, it's the battle with PUPPPS which has put me at a tilt with this whole final stage of being preggo. My body shows the battle scars on my arms, legs and of course my tummy. My whole body is officially a victim of this terrible condition. I have struggled mentally to resist the urge to scratch and have succumbed to a satisfying but guilty (followed by soreness and more scars) few minutes scratch which on a ST basis feels so good but leaves me feeling terrible that I couldn't control myself yet again. It is the worse feeling and has left me a few nights in tears of anguish that this is not going away until the baby comes. I'm pretty sick of dealing with it and after failing every few nights with a scratch fest followed by anguish, it leaves my spirit feeling drained and despaired. I have gotten to the point where I am constantly itchy somewhere on my body but I can ignore it as long as my hands don't find its way to it. My Acupuncturist suggested to watch my diet in the next while even though much of this condition is caused by hormone changes but what you eat can also be a factor and I think I'll pick up some calamine lotion today and just be a splotchy preggo. I really don't care too much about how I look right now anyways.

On the bright side, the baby is still very active inside and we are getting this time to get some more things organized around the house and enjoy our last moments before parenthood. Rob was hoping the baby would come before his team meeting tonight hehe but looks like baby wants to take her sweet time =) At least October has seen some decent autumn weather lately so it's a lovely time to go on walks. I love autumn; brisk cold, colored leaves, and it reminds me of being a child again going trick-or-treating on halloween. Now it will be even better because the baby is coming soon!

3 comments:

Sandee said...

Hang in there Rach. You won't remember the itchiness after you've got your daughter in your arms!

And you'll become resigned to the scars. Besides my C section scar, I have tons of scratches from tiny tiny nails. Aly drew blood once even!

The Blommesteins said...

It won't be much longer now. Hang in there. I so feel your pain with the scratching. I get that way with Mosquito bites. At the time of the actual scratching, you couldn't pay me to stop. Maybe an oatmeal bath? Or that Aveeno stuff?

Good luck with everything!!

tres said...

good luck with your birth, rachel! i hope everything goes well for you guys, and i can't wait to hang out w/our babes :-)