Friday, September 26, 2008

By golly it’s already Week 36 and she’s head down!

Three weeks has passed since I first spoke about G.D. A quick update on that…looks like I am a borderline case so have to still test my glucose levels 3-4 times daily but after this week, the hormones that cause the G.D. should be more stabilized which mean I won’t have to keep up with the testing for the rest of the pregnancy. Hooray!

The past three weeks have been marred by a multitude of doctor appointments due to the baby being in a breeched/transverse lie position. Everywhere I read that by Week 34 onwards, the baby should be in a ‘head down’ position so this worried me a bit but it was also ammunition to motivate me to look for natural ways that I can attempt to encourage/direct the baby head down. I tried swimming 2-3 times a week, many different positions that had my head down and bum up, speaking to the baby near the public bone area, sitting on a ball doing various ligament stretches, the Websters technique through chiropractic and even acupuncture (moxibuxton). Yes I was motivated, anything to prevent a planned c-section due to positioning. I’m happy to report that at yesterday’s ultrasound, the baby has moved into the head down position! Rob and I are so mesmerized during these ultrasound visits, especially since the last two have been when the baby is almost term. It is so amazing to see this little one move around, holding her toes and yawning yet on the outside I’m just pregnant, so amazing.

Last night I had my first baby dream. I was holding onto a naked baby without a diaper and the baby had her first bowel movement of meconium. I had nothing to catch the meconium coming out so I stuck my hand underneath to catch it. I have a feeling that mums will identify with this happening in reality – n’est pas?

1 comment:

tres said...

yah, baby's down :-) good work rach! it's definitely a relief knowing that you won't need a planned c-section.