Welcome week 26! I am nearing the end of my golden period as an incubating baby mama. It dawned on me that I only have 3.6 months left till the baby is out and there is still so much to do! Quite a scary but exciting thought. I can't wait to meet the baby and be able to hold her in my arms but on the other hand, all the hard work with the labor and being first-time parents is very daunting.
All is well during our visit with Dr. Oakes. The baby's heartbeat is 155 and I have to schedule for an appointment to do the gestational diabetes testing this weekend. I hope I don't fail the test otherwise it will mean drinking a lot of orange carbonated drink (argh!). We also began our pre-natal classes through Douglas College tonight. It was nice to meet all the couples expecting around the same time as us but at the same time, it is a bit odd for me to be surrounded by pregnant women all in the same room. I think it has to do with the overload of hormonal women in the room that make it a bit odd for me. The first class wasn't too over-the-top with info that I didn't already know but I think it is good for Rob to be in this type of class to meet with other soon-to-be fathers and to learn about the whole birthing and baby process.
So baby names...I have been asked whether we have thought of baby names yet. Of course we have but I don't want to pinpoint a specific name until I meet my little baby. However, I have found some very interesting baby name websites that have intriged me for hours browsing through names so wanted to share them with everyone.
Baby Name World (http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Noah.html)
-Not only does this site give you the meaning of the name but those with that name can take a survey with a series of questions on whether they liked their name, whether they were bullied and if people misspelled or pronounced their name etc. This is where I found out that the girl name 'Rhea' is actually an easy name to make fun of because it is the ending of diarrhea and other possible STDs
Baby Name Wizard (http://www.babynamewizard.com/voyager)
-Just by typing in a name, you can see how popular that name has been over the past 2 centuries. It is an amazing software application that calculates popularity of the name so it's pretty fun to play with.
Oh and we have found a doula! Look forward to working with Justine of Cherish Birthing in the next while. Her philosophy is based on the Birthing from Within book by Jan England which I borrowed from the library so that's next on my reading list among a few others I'm hoping to get to before 3.5 months are up. Fun times and I swear more intense than wedding planning for sure. I guess the wedding planning was a precurser to preparing for parenthood (a lifetime of learning)
Enjoy the summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment