Monday, May 03, 2010

1.5 years old

At 7 months:At 18 months:

Another comparison of how Sofia has changed from baby to toddler.

I just spent the past half hour going through my previous posts and looking at photos of the baby Sofia. I am happy that much of her life has been documented so I can always go back and remember how those days were as they all seem to be a distant memory. I know that soon enough, we will get the chance to relive it all again with baby #2.

I can't believe that she is half way to turning two! It sure has flown by in a jiffy.

Recent Developments:

-> loves to be bop de do, side to side, sideways/forward head bob her way to any music. The Telus commercials really get her dancing with the animals flying through the TV screen
-> my silly mui mui: likes to spin in circles with her head up until she gets all dizzy and falls to the ground laughing and rolling around
-> running all around the house, climbing onto the couch and pretty much anything else she can get climbing on. This gal is not afraid of anything when momma or papa is around
-> recent fav books: Not the hippopotamus! What's wrong, little pookie? In fact, she's all about choosing the books she wants to read now by nodding or saying 'no no'
-> communicating with a toddler is fun. They don't pester you to death like older kids do but nod and smile like they understand every word you say.
-> we're trying to expose her to as much Chinese words as possible now but I find that there are words just easier to say in English so who knows if this will just confuse her more. New words: hippo, che che (car), whoa whoa (dog), signs wash hands, mama (grandma)

Introducing baby...it started with her intrigue with our bebo and then momma's big tummy with baby. I am trying to introduce the idea of a baby to her, showing her pics of babies, showing her crying babies. She's quite eager to kiss the baby in my tummy and gently touch my tummy with her hand. Then again she's at a stage now where she wants to give everyone kisses =)

Happy 1.5 years Sofia Chin. Mama and Baba love you very much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your little girl is growing up. You should also get her a baby that she can call her own. Victoria did that with Sarah and it worked really well.