Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday Night Post

It's Sunday evening and I'm kinda bored. We've had a very productive weekend with Sofia visiting with Grandma, Rob and I enjoyed a beautiful Saturday morning run and then lunch at a local eatery before heading home. Then I sorted through Sofia's clothes, organized around her room and did some scrapbooking/cardmaking to top it off. So, tonight, i'm suffering from post-productivity syndrome and don't feel like reading, surfing the web nor watching TV.

How about another blog post then? Ok I can do that =)

Once, I took out a book from the library for Sofia. Upon reading it to her, I discovered that it was a book about a family but not just any typical family. This family was about a 'daddy' and 'papa'. So at first, I thought 'papa' was grandpa but on a second look, I realized grandpa looked mighty young and the way they were interacting with each other signaled to me that this was a book about a family with two male parents. Ahhh interesting... So I felt bad taking the book in case someone wanted it to read with their child so returned it the next day.

I took another trip to the library this week and took out the book, "Bye-Bye Time" by Elizabeth Verdick. After reading it, I had this weird feeling that the book was about a dad leaving a child (aka what to read to your child if going through a separation/divorce). Unconsciously, i probably had the above incident in mind when I was reading it. But the story didn't quite make sense...Well, it turns out (after a couple more reads--Sofia's potty book of the week), I was totally wrong. The book is about the dad dropping the child off for daycare/preschool and the female in the book isn't the mom but the teacher! Ah, that's why there are kids surrounding her...It all makes sense now and is a great read if you are preparing for those first days of daycare/preschool. Of course, Rob interpreted it that way the first time. I have no clue why I misunderstood the meaning of the book.



The joys of books. You never know what you'll find at your local library =)

No comments: