Tuesday, July 28, 2009

She's a movin' movin'

First she climbed up onto a footstool, then was able to use furniture to pull herself up to a standing position, then she started cruising slowly and yesterday we found her perch atop our TV stand rubbing her tiny fingers all over daddy's prized flatscreen. This morning, I found her standing up in her crib chit chatting away by herself. Thank goodness I remembered to keep the crib rail up last night.

"She hasn't figured out how to get from standing to crawling quite yet which is great cuz I can leave her standing and sure enough, she's still standing when I come back" I wrote that two days ago but as of today, I think she's figured out how to get herself from standing to sitting but have not caught her in action to actually know how she's doing it. All the extra moving around has caused her to fall and bump her head on numerous occasions leading to lots of tears and comforting from mommy and daddy. I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg of what's to come.

Yay i'm happy that she's developing so quickly in her gross motor skills but along with it comes a slew of behavior changes that I've observed.

1. While other less mobile kids her age are happy sitting and perfecting their fine motor skills to eat with their hands or learn to grab and throw balls, Sofia doesn't have time nor interest as her world around her is all within her grasp and just a crawl or climb away.
2. She has turned from a good eater to a picky and just plain uninterested in food baby. She is also showing disinterest in nursing which totally threw me off cuz everything was so good! I was worried but after reading about other moms and their struggles with feeding their babies, I just realized that this is a result of her increased mobility. She doesn't have time to sit around and eat. There is much to explore! So I've tried different tactics and for now, I think more snacktimes for a baby-on-the-go is needed until she gets out of this phase.

Phew what a crazy life of a parent...

1 comment:

Lon said...

wow, she's growin' up fast! miss you folks!