3.5 month baby update:
-13lbs 11oz
-she's getting bigger and bigger by the minute. I look back at her baby pics (two months ago) and she had skinny limbs. Now she's all chubbed out
-she's been a wonderful sleeper and has been sleeping through the night since the start of the new year avging 8-10 hours a night; we're working on the napping but she has approx. 3-4 naps that range from 30 mins to 2.5 hours; she is getting used to being put in bed while awake but slighty drowsy - it was very hard at first to not pick her up when she cried. I stayed by her crib and held and sang to her and kept a similar night and nap time routine. It seems to work and she still cries but it tapers off much quicker because I think she knows and feels secure that mommy is by her side. Today, she totally surprised me by dozing off by herself in her playyard. I left her there to check email and heard her protest a bit so decided to leave her for a bit longer and then it was quiet. When I got up to check on her, she was asleep!! What a good girl!
-she is able to enjoy tummy time now with stronger neck muscles and actually enjoys the different view from her tummy
-hand strength: she's a thumb/index finger sucker right now and has learned to put her hands together. It is more like one hand will grab the other hand's finger(s) but it's cute. She has a strong hand swing which she uses during our feeds when she's not happy and she's able to grasp her toys
I'm looking forward to Spring's arrival so we can go enjoy the outdoors more, not to mention wear less bulky clothing!
No comments:
Post a Comment