I have finally started to feel like I have the handle on somewhat of a routine for Sofia and really enjoying our time together. I can't believe 3 months has passed and she is growing up so fast. She has quite the personality but overall, a pretty good baby (if you know what she wants).
Cloth diapering is going well and I have gotten all the diapers I need for her until she is potty trained and for our future children. We are really enjoying using cloth diapers (they are so darn cute) and it's great to know that we are minimizing our diaper trash in landfills. And since I've been pretty good at catching her poops in the potty, our diapers are super easy to handle and less stink!
Sofia has been sleeping through the night around Christmas time. She likes her sleep like her dad and this week, I have been thinking about sleep training her so she can learn to fall asleep on her own instead of nursing, rocking and holding her to sleep. I started keeping track of the amount of time she sleeps in a day. Books say 3 month old babies should average 15 hours of sleep. From my two day tracking, I can say that she isn't getting that amount which could explain her being miss grumpypants. I wasn't quite sure what to do...should i let her cry it out or stay by her side and comfort her while she's in her crib?!? So I started reading "The Lull A Baby Sleep Plan" by Cathryn Tobin to gain some insight on sleep and babies.
Did you know that power naps should be no longer than 20 mins otherwise you will go into REM sleep which will make you groggy when you awake?
I can tell that Sofia is really soaking in all the sights and sounds of her environment. Her smiles are getting bigger each day and I love chating with her. Her neck is starting to be quite sturdy and tummy time is a bit more enjoyable now that she can hold her neck up for a longer time. We are happy to say that she has started drinking from a bottle again! yay! It still take a bit to coax her into it but so far so good...She's also discovered her fists and fingers which are great for her to self-sooth (Thanks to her bf Gabe who showed her how) hehe
1 comment:
gabe misses his gf! we haven't seen you at parent/infant drop-in...we'll be @ storytime on friday!
btw, great pic of sofia...so cute :-)
Post a Comment