Monday, November 27, 2006

Winter has arrived...

We received our first minor snowfall last Tuesday just in time for our trip to Dushanbe/Kulyab which delayed our flight for 4 hours. I won't talk about my trip right now but the temperature has definitely dropped. I can't leave the house without my long johns and at least 4 layers of clothing. To add to the troubles, Tajikistan is having some serious problems with power. In the next two days, the WHOLE country will be in complete blackness (no power) for the whole day.

Read the article below for more info:
http://enews.ferghana.ru/article.php?id=1716

What seem to be a slight inconvenience has turned into some serious needs not being met. I hope I can stay high spirited through this next week when the power situation is at its worse. The office seems to be the best place to be at the moment with some electricity and central heating.

This is only the beginning of a long winter...

Rae

No comments: